Our region has faced unprecedented challenges this year, from the COVID-19 pandemic to devastating wildfires, and in the face of these challenges, Innovia Foundation recognizes the beauty, resiliency and hope that is characteristic of our corner of the world. Help us tell the story of this region’s beauty and resiliency by submitting photos to our Second Annual Photo Contest: Reimagining Our Communities.
Show us the people, landscapes and animals who have inspired you this year and given you hope for what’s to come! Help us tell the story of beauty, generosity and resiliency throughout Eastern Washington and North Idaho through photos!
Submission timeline: Monday, March 1 through Friday, May 28
Categories: (Photographs must from within 20-county region.) Click here to see map
- Landscape and Nature
- Capturing the Human Spirit
- Places and Spaces
- Animals or Wildlife
- The Heart of Community
- Nonprofit Mission in Action
How to enter: Fill out this form Innovia Photo contest form and submit the form and your pictures by emailing to Sarah Bain. In email message, please include first and last name of the photographer, phone number and if you are under the age of 18, please have a parent or guardian sign this form Innovia consent form The categories above are general areas of interest that we will place the winners in once we have reviewed all of the photographs.
- Free to enter and open to Innovia Foundation 20-county region residents (click here to see 20-county region). There is a limit of five photographs per entrant.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian. If you are under the age of 18, please have a parent or legal guardian fill out this form and email to us along with your submission.
- No print entries accepted. Only electronic files via email or delivered to Innovia Foundation on a thumb drive will be accepted.
- Normal processing of the original file is acceptable. See below for more details.
- Electronic file name must include entrant’s first initial and last name, i.e.: JSmith.jpeg (include number if submitting more than one—JSmith1.jpeg)
- Innovia Foundation reserves the right to reject any entry deemed not suitable for consideration due to objectionable content such as the use of profanity, nudity, drug, alcohol or tobacco use, or cruelty to persons or animals.
Image quality: Minimum 3600 x 4800 pixels
Format: .jpeg or .png
Normal processing of the original file is acceptable. That includes:
- minor adjustments to color, white balance, tone, lighting levels and curves, shadows and highlights, saturation, contrast, sharpness
- moderate dodging and burning
- stitched panoroma
- sharpening, removal of dust spots and moderate reduction of image noise
Photographs that have been digitally or otherwise altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. That includes:
- HDR frame stacking
- images that have been manipulated by the addition, removal, or alteration (painting over, cloning, or blurring) of anything in the original subject and scene that were photographed
- borders, signatures or watermarks
- changes in color so significant that the processed colors are widely different from the original colors
Note: Your photo submission authorizes Innovia Foundation to use your image in marketing materials. No compensation will be provided for the use of submitted photos, other than prize awards outlined below. Photo credit opportunities may or may not apply and are at the discretion of Innovia Foundation and its media partners.
Prizes: First place overall will receive a $1,000 grant to your favorite 501 (c) 3 nonprofit of your choice, a canvas print of the winning image, and showcased on our website.
First place in each category will receive a $200 grant to your favorite 501 (c) 3 nonprofit of your choice, a canvas print of the winning image, and showcased on our website.
Second place in each category will receive a canvas print of the winning image, and showcased on our website.
Third place in each category will be showcased on our website.
Judging: Innovia Foundation has recruited a team of external judges to select winning images. Winners will be announced the week of June 13.