SPOKANE, WA, January 2020 — Innovia Foundation is excited to continue our partnership with The Zone Project and Ballmer Group on a three-year investment to support quality expanded learning opportunities for children and youth in northeast Spokane.
The Zone Project is a multi-sector initiative focused on safe and nurtured kids, thriving families, and connected schools and neighborhoods in northeast Spokane. The Zone Project’s Expanded Learning Program (ELP) focuses on helping children and youth access quality educational, health and social-emotional supports that enable them to succeed through key transition years. To support the whole child and whole family, the ELP will work closely with Spokane Public Schools, families, youth-serving organizations and health, education and social service partners. The intention of this program is to support and align high-quality, out-of-school programming that is measurable and sustainable.
For the 2019-2020 school year, Innovia Foundation awarded $297,352 to organizations to support these efforts. For summer 2020 programming, $135,000 will be awarded. For more information about The Zone Project, including a map of the geographic region it serves, please click here.
Following is more information for organizations applying for a grant.
Grants are awarded for summer 2020 programming. Funding amounts are based on the anticipated number of students served:
- Organizations planning to serve 30-300 children total in summer 2020 may request $10,000 – $49,999.
- Organizations planning to serve 100 or more children daily may request $50,000 – $100,000.
- Applications will be accepted from January 6, 2020 to February 7, 2020.
- Funding decisions will be announced in early March 2020.
- Grant funding is for summer 2020 programming. The grant period is April 1, 2020 to September 1, 2020.